Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Long hiatus.



It’s been a long time!

Firstly, I apologize for being completely out of the loop. In a 6 month span, I went from being a single guy, to getting engaged, and finally being married last month. Between wooing future Mrs. Fundamental Insights, enjoying Southern California weather, family excursions to the many places around here and the wedding preparations, I’ve been busy :-)

The world has changed and it certainly feels like the end of an era. Writing in the pre-Fannie-Freddie, pre-Lehman, pre-crisis era seemed so different. While blogs like the Big Picture, Baseline Scenario, Investment Postcards, Paul Kedrosky and John Mauldin kept me in the loop, this was possibly one such time where the value of not doing anything trumped trying to time or divine the manic-depressive swings in the various asset classes.

Whenever I think of “investment success”, I’m reminded of Jim Rogers. He shorted the markets sometime in late-1999 early 2000, before embarking on a multi-year world tour. Sometimes things feel so obvious, being blissfully unaware of the daily and weekly gyrations and news flow is probably a good thing.

Initially I had started out to write about both technology and finance. However, the events in the financial arena completely trumped everything else. I’d like to thank everyone who commented or emailed me in the meantime. I don’t claim to have the right answers. Writing this blog will continue to be a great learning experience and I hope to get back to more regular updates.

Thanks for reading!

0 comments: